The global bakery market size is expected to increase by USD 165.49 billion between 2020 and 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 6.12% during the forecast period. The 120-pages report analyzes the global bakery market by product (bread and rolls, cakes and pastries, cookies, and others) and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, South America, and MEA).
Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders. Track key industry opportunities, trends and threats. Information on marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales, and supply functions.
Download a Free Sample to understand more about the report coverage.
The bakery market is driven by rising urbanization and changing consumer lifestyles. A considerable shift in lifestyles and eating habits has been noticed globally over the past two decades. Emerging economies across the Central and South America and APAC are proving to be attractive markets for baked goods. The expanding urban population, rising demand for on-the-go snacks, and improvements in the purchasing power of consumers in these regions have increased the consumption of bread significantly. Many such factors are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global bakery market during the forecast period.
The market growth will also be influenced by the rising prominence of in-store bakeries in supermarkets. However, the fluctuation of raw material prices will have a negative impact on the growth of the market.
Some of key Bakery Players:
- Associated British Foods Plc: The company offers its bakery products through a variety of brands under the grocery segment.
- Britannia Industries Ltd.: The company is one of the leading producers of bakery products such as biscuits, bread, and cakes.
- Campbell Soup Co.: The company offers bakery products such as cookies, bread, baked chips, pretzel and many more.
- Flowers Foods Inc.: The company offers bread, buns, rolls, snack cakes, and tortillas across the world.
- Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV: The company offers fresh and frozen sliced bread, buns, cookies, snack cakes, English muffins, bagels, pre-packaged foods, tortillas, salted snacks, and confectionery products, among others.
By product, the market growth was significant in the bread and rolls segment in 2021. The segments includes products such as whole wheat bread, sourdough, rye bread, pita bread, focaccia bread, multigrain bread, white rolls, hot dog rolls, and sub rolls. The segment is driven by the increasing demand for gluten-free bread and rolls. The market growth in the segment will be significant during the forecast period.
APAC will provide maximum growth opportunities for market players during the forecast period. The region holds 34% of the global market share and will continue its dominance through 2025. Many global players operating in the region are expanding their presence through organic and inorganic organizational developments. In addition, increasing consumer demand for clean-label baked goods will be fostering the growth of the baked goods market in APAC. China and Japan are the key markets for baked goods in APAC.
Read more of the latest industry developments in our new edition: January/February 2022 Single Issue form – International Bakery (in-bakery.com)
Editor, International Bakery
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823 922