Red Ribbon Bakeshop is officially opening its doors in Oxnard, California, on February 4, 2022, at 8AM PST. The bakery brand specializes in sweet and savoury baked goods inspired by authentic Filipino flavours and ingredients. Fans who grew up with the brand can look forward to seeing their favorite bakery treats on the menu, while first-timers are invited to taste Red Ribbon’s unique line-up of delicious bakery offerings that they won’t find anywhere else.
Since 1960, the Filipino community in Oxnard has grown from a few dozen homes on San Juan Street commonly referred to as “Little Manila”, into a burgeoning community, making Oxnard the perfect spot for Red Ribbon’s newest store location. Located at 1941 N. Rose Avenue, Suite 680, Oxnard, CA 93036, the new Red Ribbon Bakeshop will be open seven days a week, from 8AM – 9PM daily. This marks the brand’s 22nd bakery in California and its 35th to open in the U.S.
Butter Mamons for the Early Birds
A special offer awaits Red Ribbon’s earliest visitors during opening weekend. The first 100 customers who spend over $50 will receive a free bundle of six Butter Mamons, Red Ribbon’s top selling pastry.
Red Ribbon is best known for its eye-catching cakes and indulgent array of sweet and savoury pastries which can elevate both special occasions and everyday snacking. For those craving an authentic taste of the Philippines, Red Ribbon features several options that showcase the brand’s unique cultural heritage and culinary roots, including these bestsellers:
- Mango Supreme Cake – The dessert that put Red Ribbon on the map. This signature product is made with the Philippines’ best mangoes, considered to be the sweetest in the world. It features three layers of moist white chiffon cake filled with cream and a golden, mango-filled glaze. It is finished with a generous amount of mango chunks and topped with a maraschino cherry.
- Ube Overload Cake – This iconic Filipino confection is known for its vibrant purple hue. Its unique coloring comes from its star ingredient: real Philippine ube halaya (purple yam), a flavour that has gained mainstream popularity in recent years. The cake is finished with beautiful white cream frosting rosettes and bright purple ube cake crumbs.
- Yema Caramel Cake – Perfect for those who love the smoothness of caramel combined with a bit of crunch, this Filipino favorite is made of a soft, moist white chiffon cake filled and covered with yema (Philippine custard) caramel filling and finished with toasted cashew nuts.
- Butter Mamon – This exquisite pastry provides the perfect combination of moist chiffon and 100% butter for a melt-in-your-mouth treat. Not too sweet and delightfully tender, it’s the all-time favorite of loyal Red Ribbon fans. Also available in Ube, Mocha and Cheesy flavours.
- Cheesy Ensaimada – Red Ribbon’s signature pastry offers soft, moist bread topped with butter, sugar, and cheesy deliciousness for the perfect sweet and savoury flavour combination.
- Chicken Empanada – This savory pastry is generously filled with tender chicken and a unique blend of spices and deep-fried to a crisp golden brown – a fan-favorite.
For those who prefer the familiar flavours of chocolate and mocha, Red Ribbon offers several stand-out options, including:
- Black Forest Cake – This one’s for the chocoholics! Layers of liqueur-moistened chocolate cake, brimming with maraschino cherries and cream, rich chocolate shavings and chocolate curls.
- Mocha Flan – The perfect combination of cake and custard. This rich mocha chiffon cake is topped with delicious, creamy leche flan.
- Choco Mocha Crunch – Brimming with both chocolate and coffee flavours, this chocolate chiffon cake is filled with honeycomb candy in every layer; finished with rich mocha cream and topped with more honeycomb candy and chocolate shavings.
“Red Ribbon’s delectable cakes are the perfect finishing touch for gatherings or special occasions and the single-serve pastries are ideal when you’re craving a mid-week pick-me-up,” said Agnes Briones, Business Unit Head, Red Ribbon Bakeshop, Inc. “Whether you prefer sweet, or savoury treats we have something for every palate and are excited to invite the Oxnard community to try our bakery favorites.”
The Oxnard location has café-style seating for those who want to enjoy their bakery treats right on the spot and folks on-the-go can order through the following online channels: the Red Ribbon ordering app (available for download at the App Store and Google Play), the Red Ribbon website and the DoorDash delivery platform.
Founded in the Philippines over 40 years ago, Red Ribbon’s sweet success story began with a single mission: to create delicious and beautiful cakes that make every family celebration truly special. Since then, the brand has expanded its offerings to include both single-serve dessert items and an array of sweet and savoury pastry treats intended for everyday snacking.